As a mom, I am sometimes amazed at the content of the conversations I have with my sons (who are now 15 and 12). Even though I had a positive relationship with both my parents, my parenting style is very different. As my husband and I recover from many years of struggling with depression and PTSD, we seek to be open with our boys about how it has affected our parenting and other decisions related to their lives. I want to share with them how faithful God has been in our lives and how our faith has sustained us through difficult times.
One of the ways to share these truths and pass on your faith legacy is through letters, journals, and scrapbooks. The following list of articles will encourage and challenge you to be intentional about sharing your faith with those you love.
- A Legacy of Letters from Family Your Way
- Create a Legacy Journal from Tina Vega Photography
- Creating a Legacy:Preparing the Stones from Chuck Swindoll
- Dress Yourself in Story from Simple Mom
- Family Traditions from CMBuzz
- Scaffolding for Parents from Transforming Kids Ministry
- Faithbooking at Scrapbook Ideas
- Ways to Add Faith to Your Scrapbooks from Faithfully Yours
- Memory Jars from Creating Naturally
- Why I Choose to Scrapbook My Faith at Inspire a Fire